- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.25 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (can sub any other unsweetened non-dairy milk)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups, then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium-sized glass bowl, toss the blueberries in 1 tablespoon of flour.
In a large glass mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt together, whisking until combined.
Combine the sugar, oil, and applesauce. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, beat until light and fluffy.
Add vinegar and baking soda to the wet ingredients, then the vanilla. Stir until incorporated.
Sprinkle in the dry ingredients and almond milk.
Fold in the flour-coated blueberries, folding into the batter gently.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, then enjoy warm!
Note: Top with whipped cream and fruit for a more elegant look!