Pushing yourself to go to the gym can be hard and many of us struggle with it. It can be uncomfortable and foreign, but just know you are not the only one. Everyone starts somewhere and everyone has different goals that they are trying to achieve. Below we have listed a few ways to help build your confidence and make the gym a more comfortable setting:
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself everything you love about yourself
- Figure out your why/goal for going (to gain muscle, lose weight, to form a healthier version of yourself)
- Take progress pictures
- Put on a workout outfit/gear that you feel great and strong in!
- Go to the gym with a plan set in your mind
- Ask a friend to join you
- Give yourself a goal (i.e. run an extra five minutes or add more weight to your next set)
- Be consistent on going!!!
- Put your headphones in, a pump-up song on, and get after it!
- Don’t be afraid to try something new
Takeaway: Don’t compare your Chapter 1 to someone else’s Chapter 20 because everyone starts somewhere.